So this weekend was very interesting. It was a long weekend due to the wonderful Holiday of the 24th and then Brock and I took off work for Friday, Monday and Tuesday. However our much-looked forward to weekend started off kind of rough. Brock went mountain biking up Mueller Park with a friend on the morning of the 24th. He came home about 2 hours later bleeding down the right side of his body. Apparently he had been going too fast (Note the last thing I told him before he left was not to go too fast) and as he went down a hill he hit a rock sending him over his handlebars. Luckily he didn't hurt himself too badly, but he did land on his head and banged up his arm pretty bad. I took him to mom because she knows more than me and she suggested us to go to the doctors for X-rays since he couldn't move his arm. Well since it was a holiday the only doctor's office that was open was the Emergency Room. Needless to say we were there all day but thankfully there were no broken bones - just lots of swelling and implanted gravel in his skin.
The morning after Kade came home we headed down to St. George for a day and then met up with Brock's extended family for a couple of days in Zion's National Park. We went on a few hikes, went swimming and four wheeling. We were supposed to go repelling with Brock's cousins but since Brock still had a bunk arm we couldn't go - lucky for me. Don't get me wrong, I love hiking and rock climbing but it's hard for me to trust a little-bitty rope to support me as I lean backwards over a 100 ft cliff..... We had a wonderful time though and since we didn't go on the long hikes it gave us more time to relax and hang out with family.
haha. We took a day trip into Zions to go on a hike and due to the park's steep entrance fee, we packed everyone into a couple of cars. This was the van we rode in where there were four older kids stuffed in the back. They were hilarious and I'm still unsure how they fit into that small space. After we were done with the hike and back on the shuttle to the car, one of the girls asked her mom if she had to ride in the trunk again on the way back - her mom said she got a few glares after that.
On our way back home to Bountiful, Brock and I stopped and did a couple hikes in Zions - it is one of our most favorite places to visit. We had such a great time and am really sad it had to end. Vacation always goes by way to fast.


6 comments:
His parent's are named Jim and Pam? That's great! Sorry about your broken hubby!
I am so glad you guys came down. It was fun to spend more time with the family. I agree vacations always end way to fast.I am glad Brock is okay but I felt bad you guys didn't get to go on the hike. That is just means we will have to try it again another time!
So sorry about your arm Brock but it does make you sound like a real tough guy! We miss you guys.
It sounds like everyone had so much fun on the family vacation. I am glad Brock is alright after the bike crash. It looks like you are having a wonderful summer.
Rindee
Wow, what horrible parents would let their children ride in the trunk of a mini van? Some people! It was really fun, the kids couldn't get over that you and Brock were falling asleep on the ride back. Thanks for hanging out with the crazy family for a while!
We had such a fun time. You know my kids love the both of you!! Wish you could have kept driving with us.
Post a Comment