They took us to dinner at a restaurant called 529 Wellington (above), which happens to be its address. The closest comparison I can give to describe the restaurant is it was a Ruth's Chris in an early 1900's mansion. The estate across the street had been originally owned by the Fortune's; a family that lost their father and son on the Titanic.
This is the city of Winnipeg. Flying over I was surprised by how flat everything was, besides the buildings obviously. Understanding its location, it makes sense.
This was my hotel, it was really nice and I was so happy to see it after a full day of flying and meetings. I flew in on Wednesday slept over and flew home on Thursday- sounds like a short trip but it ended up being way to long to be away from Brock. I realized how dependent on on him I am and how boring life would be without him around. Love you Brock
This is the area I stayed in. The day before I arrived was Canada Day, I wished I could have been there for it. 
I commented on how nice the weather was and they all warned me not to come in the winter. I couldn't exactly understand the severity because they gave me the temperatures in Celsius - which I can never convert into Fahrenheit.
While I was at dinner we were discussing American politics and I apologized to one of our Canadian clients because my lacking knowledge of Canada. She completely understood and said she keeps up with American news more than her own. She also mentioned that she just read a poll that inquired random Canadians of their knowledge of Canadian facts compared to American. She said that 74% of Canadians knew more about America than they did Canada. So I thought this might be fun to list a couple random questions about our neighbor to the North.
1- What is the sentence after "Oh Canada" in their national anthem?
2-Who is their Prime Minster?
3-What do you call a person from Winnipeg?
4-T or F. Is Saskatchewan the big hairy monster that stocks campers in the woods (aka Big Foot)?
5-Which of the following is a Territory and not a Province? A-Alberta B-Labrador C-Yukon D- Newfoundland
6- What is the capital of Canada?
___________________________________________________________________
Answers
1- "Our home and native land"
2-Stephen Harper
3-Winnipegger
4-False. Saskatchewan is a province in Canada
5-C-Yukon
6-Ottawa
How did you do?


1 comments:
That is so cool BJ! I've always wanted to go to Canada, you lucky dog! i have a neighbor from Canada and I'm going to direct her to your quiz~
Post a Comment