CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

I DID IT!!


Last weekend (July 12) I did the Cache Valley Super Sprint Triathlon. The name of the event depresses me... super sprint. It sounds like it should only take 20 minutes. I realize that in the world of Triathletes a 500 meter swim, 13 mile bike and 3.2 mile run may sound small but for normal people like me - it's anything but a sprint. All in all the race went really well. The swimming portion was my best, I felt great and passed a few people. The biking was awesome because it was through Logan farmland, it was so pretty... besides all the roadkill and the cow poop smell. The running was probably the hardest for me. The week before the race I was having problems with my calf cramping up so I think the combination of recovering from training and already doing the swimming and biking portion of the race really made my legs sore. But it went much faster and felt a lot easier than last years.
Brock and I got a new camera, so we were testing it out the night before. Since I work for an athletic apparel company, I figured I better wear some high performance-cool looking clothes. However, only one thing I wore came from my company, the rest came from SkirtsSports.com. You should check it out, the clothes are so comfortable. Long story short - I was really proud of my outfits, so I was trying them on for Brock. Here is my swimming outfit.
This my biking outfit, courtesy of SkirtsSports.com.
And finally my running outfit.
Here I am the morning of the race, I was really nervous.
Brock was my photographer, here I am swimming (I have the white cap). This is about when a guy elbowed me in the face... It hurt so bad that I had to stop and stand up for a minute, good thing it was in a pool. I am still getting over the headache.This is when I'm exiting the pool to go to the biking portion of the race. I think this picture is really cool, besides my legs look ginormous.


This is when I am finally crossing the finish line. Brock, my mom and my dad were cheering me on. I was so happy to be done.


Brock was so nice, he drove me up at 5:00am, carried all my things and took pictures of my along the way. He is the greatest.

My cute mom and dad came to support me as well.

9 comments:

Deborah said...

Bonnie! I am jealous that you are so in shape. I wish I had the motivation to do that it looks awesome!

JonandLo said...

THAT IS SO COOL! GOOD FOR YOU! I'M TOTALLY IMPRESSED. AND I AGREE..."GET SMART" IS HILARIOUS..JON AND I COULDNT STOP LAUGHING EITHER. TAKE CARE!

Tad and Liza said...

I am so proud of you. It's not just the race, it's all the training to get to this point. Your did great.

Kindred Family said...

Woo Hoo! Good job Bonnie! You done us real proud!

Jamie said...

Congrats Bon! Wish I could have been there to do it with you...of course you would have totally skunked me in the swim and I would have finished about an hour after you!

Todd and Heidi said...

You are amazing girl! What an accomplishment. I wish I had the motivation to do things like that. Great job, you look great!

McCall said...

Way to go HOTTIE!

Jenna said...

Wow, I'm pooped just seeing the pictures! You are amazing!! Congrats!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Bonnie! Congrats. I've always said I'm going to do one of those and then I wus out every year. Good job. You look great!