CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nothing Better

Isn't boating the greatest? Nice breeze, cool water and wake boarding, all while getting tan.... it can't get any better. Sadly it hardly ever happens - despite serious sucking up to boaters over the years. So you can imagine how happy I was when RJ Erickson, a good friend from high school and best friend of my new bro-in law Hazen, just bought a boat and invited us to go out last Saturday.
It was the perfect day, we got there at 7:00am and there was one other boat on the lake (fishing boats don't count because they are lame). However, right when we got to the middle of the lake the boat died and refused to start. At first we all figured it would start up, but as time went on I got that sick feeling in my stomach - that my luck of never getting to go boating was holding up. Thankfully though, after a little over an hour of drifting in the middle of the lake, the boat started. Poor Brock couldn't wake board or water ski because of his arm, so he was the flag boy - one sexy flag boy.
This is Jake (left) and RJ(right). RJ and I were good friends in high school and had a lot of fun boating memories from Lake Powell


3 comments:

Krissey said...

Bonnie-

There truly is nothing better than sitting in the sun letting the wind blow through your hair and then being able to jump in the water when you are too hot. I am so glad RJ called you and took you guys out. Sorry about the boat problems and that Brock wasn't able to do anything. Hope you still enjoyed boating, maybe Josh and I will go with y'all next time!

Van D Family said...

I agree, boating is the best! And it doesnt get better than boating at Lake Powell! Thanks for finding my blog! You look fabulous!
M

suds2004 said...

I agree, I love boating. We are coming in town for Trina's wedding for about 48 hours and one thing on the list to do is to go boating. Yeah!
Rindee