CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Weekend in Logan

Last weekend my grandpa was honored at Utah State during homecoming weekend. I must admit, he was the cutest Grand Marshal I've ever seen. Luckily for me, I was working in Logan that Friday so I met up with my parents and Jenn to go to the dinner. Little did we know that this dinner led into the homecoming dance, so half of those attending the dinner were in formal wear which made me feel a little under dressed in my gray church skirt... oh well. When we sat down at our table I was happy to see my good friend Dave Wangsgard who has been frequently attending our family functions with my cute cousin Sarah Barlow.
Brock was tied up in Bountiful but came up around 11:30 - just in time for True Aggie Night. It's such a fun tradition. The next morning in between breakfast with my grandpa and the football game we had some time to walk around campus. I really miss it! Logan is so pretty and Utah State's campus is amazing in the fall. It was fun to walk around and talk about memories of school. I am definitely happy that I'm done with school but being on campus made me really miss being there.


This picture is blurry but it's of my grandpa in the parade. I was a little disappointed because I thought he would be at the front of the parade marching with a baton - no such luck.


Here I am during the parade with my cousin Meg and my mom in front. You would think the homecoming parade would be small but it was huge - a lot bigger than most 4th of July parades I've seen. The best part was being thrown candy. Jenn's friend Jed got a small tub of Aggie Ice Cream and Quinn got squeaky cheese.


Aunt Rachael and Uncle Curtis

Bottom Row: unknown lady, Elda - my grandpa's girlfriend (isn't she cute?), Aunt Rachael
Top Row: Jenn, mom, me


Jenn is always doing something random. Here she is imitating a weirdly posed mannequin in a store window.Utah State Homecoming Football game. Here they are introducing my grandpa.






It was such a beautiful day, much warmer than I remember Logan ever being. Also I must say it was a great football game, even though odds were against me - I don't like football that much and Utah State is really bad - but it was a really close, intense game. Sadly we lost in the last 2 seconds with a 60 yard field goal. Brock was kicking himself because a fan from the opposing team in front of us kept saying "I'll make a bet he doesn't make it, there's no way he can" and Brock almost took him up on it but decided not too... Too bad, it could have made us rich but it was probably good we didn't bet against our own team.

4 comments:

Josh and Cara said...

Bonnie! It's Cara! Wow! It's been a long time! You look great! As always! I was talking to Holly and she gave me your Blog! I'm so glad! You left Logan! How sad! I can't believe we never did anything! We love Logan. That's great you guys are graduated! How do you like Bountiful? That's fun you came up for the parade! Your grandpa is such a cute man! Josh and I were in the Parade, advertising for his work! We should hook up next time your up here!

Kindred Family said...

Being in Logan looks so fun. I wish I had been there. By the way, you look exactly like Tori in the picture with Elda.

In response to your comment on my blog about the white-chocolate ghosts hanging in the background. We made them with Mom when she was out to visit. I loved doing that as a kid and thought Miles and Ava would love it! My ghosts always turn out perfect, slim and beautiful. I've heard that the ghost always turns out to look like its maker - that's probably why yours looked a little cross-eyed.

McCall said...

I totally remember your aunt rachel! She's so darling. I remember your grandpa too- does he still have his golf cart?!

The Pyper's! said...

Hi Bonnie.... it's Lis. Looks like you are doing good - I found you through Cara's blog. How are you doing?