Last Thursday Brock and I had the pleasure of going to the REAL Salt Lake game. I work with a lady named Colleen, she is the VP of PR at Icon and she was given a couple tickets and couldn't go so she passed them along to me and my good friend/co-worker Sayward. I thought this was extremely nice of her especially considering how nice of seats they were. They were the president of REAL Salt Lake's personal seats!
Here we are at Gandalfo's. Brock loves this place but he will only go to the one in downtown Salt Lake, he thinks it's a lot better there.
This picture was taken from our seats... No one between us besides the guys in green vests.

This was the first game in their new stadium. It was a really cool design and I can only imagine the view during the day.
Well it sounded really glamorous to go to the soccer game, sit on the front row, cuddle in our blanket and drink hot chocolate. However, getting to the game brought out my survivor skills. Since the stadium is brand new, parking was an issue. The traffic was horrible so we took a side street just in front of the stadium. We were running a little late so we opted for the $6 parking. They had us park in a nasty dirt field of which our car almost didn't make it out (by the way it was our nice car - had it been the Camry we would have left it there). When we asked the parking attendant how to get there she said "I don't know, just follow them" - very comforting. So we followed the trail of people walking along a dirt road bordering a canal. We asked two people passing us going the opposite way how we should cross and they said there was a bridge up the way.... Well the bridge turned out to be three pallets, one completed emerged in water. But to get to the "bridge" we had to walk down a very steep 15 foot hill. The hill was so steep that I slide down, not on purpose, holding Brock's hand in front of me and a strangers shirt in back of me.
After crossing the bridge, we walked through the broken fence with massive amounts of barbwire on the ground and went through a break in the fence of the Stadium's parking lot. By that point I was beginning to wonder if this wasn't a public path...
Oh and by the way REAL Salt Lake tied 1-1. It was a very fun game, both of us really enjoyed it.

3 comments:
Best night ever right?Too bad my name wasn't actually Jayward then I would have been able to see the whole game,not just the second half. Well at least the tickets were FREE. Our favorite kind
Funny story about the parking!! It sounds like the 2 of you had a good time anyways. I love going to live games...so much better than on TV.
How fun! I am not sure I understand soccer, but I do love live games. I also love the food at those things!
Post a Comment