CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

The Riley's are all about Halloween - they come up with amazing costumes, make scary food and play lots of fun Halloween games. This is Cori (Princess Bell), Camden (Merlin the Magician) and Wyatt (lion). They were so cute!!
Brock and I were having a hard time deciding what to dress as. So this is us - an old man and a Pancho villa type person. Basically we found some hilarious pieces of clothing from my mom's Halloween box (mainly my dad's old Lagoon employee pants - note how tight they are on Brock, he couldn't button them up!) and decided to run with whatever else we had around the house mainly because we didn't want to buy anything for our costumes. When we walked in to Brock's parents house for the party, everyone looked a little confused and said "oh your dressed as a...." and trailed off waiting for us to fill in the blank...

This is my favorite picture, doesn't Brock look like one of those flirty creepy grandpas that are always hitting on you?...

Yes that is my swimming cap. I tried to draw hair on the sides and a couple comb over pieces on top but it didn't work out very well, especially since Brock's head does not fit into anything that says "one size fits all".


Kade is a thug from Philly. This picture isn't very clear but he has tattoo arms, a pick in his fro and some bling bling.


Deborah and Logan as cowboy and Indian

I didn't get pictures of Brock's mom and dad or of Liza and Tad - so once I steal them from Liza's blog I will post those as well. Brock's mom and dad had the best costumes of the night, they came as bikers.
Here is the attempt of a non-crafty person trying to make Halloween treats. I thought I was done trying to make cute food after the disaster of trying to make pumpkin shaped sugar cookies... but surprisingly these were much easier to make.


Here are my scary skeleton heads


My marshmallow ghouls



And my chocolate spider cookies



I would take credit for the rest of the pictures but my in-laws might read my blog, so I better not. Featured are a corpse of carrots and dip, cheese fingers (right) and grapes with worms (left)


Breadstick toes. I couldn't bring myself to eat one of these, they look too much like my dad's feet.

Apple Mouths

Happy Halloween!!


7 comments:

{amy k.} said...

Hey Bonnie! I found you from Cara's blog... it's been forever! You and your hubby are so cute, looks like life is treating you well! It'll be fun to catch up!

-Amy Pasqua Martinez

Jamie said...

The costumes were great!!! Wish I could have been their with my kids to celebrate with you guys! Miss you.

McCall said...

I am so jealous! That sounds like quite the party!! I love your awesome outfits! Your treats are incredible!! I'm super impressed. And yes, Brock does look like a creepy perv grandpa!

Kallie said...

I love Camden's costume I couldn't even tell that was him. Your treats turned out great! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, can't wait to see the pictures of Pam & Jim.

Josh and Cara said...

What a fun Halloween Party! I'm impressed with all your food!

Jenna said...

Bonnie! I LOVE your costume! You both look great! Glad everything is going well with you!

Brookie P. said...

Sure looks like a lot of fun! I would not it in that family cause I am just not that creative! I am so impressed with the food! Glad to see you doing so well!