CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Walking Candy Apple

I pulled up my blog today to see "only 26 days to go", that number makes me really excited and nervous all at once. Brock and I are in our house and have for the most part settled in. We are getting the baby's room organized and put together. Brock wants to get an old baseball mitt and bat for decorations and I want to get our kindergarten pictures printed in black and white to go on his dresser. Our thoughts are consumed with our little guy that we are about to meet.

I went to the doctor's yesterday and had another ultrasound. He is positioned correctly and is growing on schedule. Six weeks ago at the last ultrasound his head, stomach and leg measurements all predicted the due date of Feb 7. Yesterday, his head size was estimated at a Feb 1 arrival date and his stomach was a Feb 23 (which he said he probably due to his stomach being squished because of the lack of room). Nonetheless, six weeks ago I was confident that our son didn't inherit the "Riley Head". Now, I'm not so sure. I guess it's like they say - Like father, like son.

As for names, we are still undecided. We've had about 5 names ever since we found out it was a boy and we have yet to narrow down the list. Everyone says we will just know when we see him so I'm hoping they are right, or else we are in trouble! Here is the list of names we're considering:
Duncan - after my dad
Wahlen - Brock's mom's maiden name
Brock - After his papa
Carter - Coach Cook
Crew - no reason in particular. Liza gave me the idea for this one

We are accepting suggestions, so please feel free to send some ideas our way!

11 comments:

McCall said...

YAY!! Don't have him before the 23rd or I'll be sad that we won't get to have your party! I like Duncan and Crew the best. So cute!!

Tad and Liza said...

Can't wait to meet him, you guys will be great parents!!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! Carter is one of Nick and I's top choices for the twins. But then again.. we have no idea what we are having yet. Keep us updated on everything. And please let me know if I can pick you up dinner one night once your little guy has arrived!

Breanne Unsicker Evans said...

I am such a huge fan of Duncan, how cute is that? You are loved : )

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Duncan for sure! Crew is my next pick. But they are all great names!

Jenna said...

Oh man I wish I only had 26 days left!!! I feel like I'm ready to pop and I still have like 12 weeks left to go!! You look great and I love all the names! Good luck choosing

Kallie said...

My mom & I both like Crew the best. See you on the 25th!

Anonymous said...

You are almost there! I hope you have a smooth delivery and can't wait to see pics. I like the name Carter and Crew.

Jenn said...

What you mean we don't get to name him peanut???

Brady,McCall said...

I really like the name Wahlen Carter and Crew. Super cute names! Cant wait to see him:)

Sarah Pittard said...

oh my goodness!!! now it says "only 11 more days to go" WOW!!! That is so exciting!!!! I like Duncan :)