CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Four years and counting

In August, Brock and I celebrated our fourth anniversary. We didn't plan anything exciting and we were both relieved to find out that the other hadn't planned any gifts or surprises because we had both been really busy with work. I had been traveling for work up until the day before and Brock had been working 10-15 hour days for an upcoming deadline on a project. So we decided to go to dinner at the Cheesecake factory and rent a movie to spend some much needed time with each other.


Since that night I've been thinking a lot about the past four years. I've remembered our funny apartments we've lived in, the excessive amount of moving we've done and the experiences we've had along the way. Sometimes I think we were crazy for making the decision to get married while we were still so young but at the same time I've realized that many of the experiences we've had would not have been possible if we had waited until we were older and done with school before we tied the knot.



Year 1
We lived in Logan while going to school at USU and moved three times (the first into our apartment after we were married, the second down the road for less expensive rent and the third to Virginia for summer sales).


Year 2
We moved back to Logan for school where I graduated in business marketing

Year 3
We moved to Brussels for internships then moved to Layton to find jobs and finish school. I got a job at Icon, we moved to Bountiful and Brock graduated from USU in business finance and economics.

Year 4
Brock debated whether to get his masters or find a job. A week before school started, he accepted his position at SPS.

Year 5
We are both really excited and very happy to continue our future together. This next year may have the most transitions in store for us but we are excited and welcome those changes. We are looking for a house, Brock has been looking into master's programs and we are very very very excited to be welcoming in a little baby into our family!!





Baby Riley is due Feb 13. Just 23 weeks to go!

17 comments:

SassAFrass said...

WHAT?? BONNIE!!!! Your prego? Oh my gosh! I am soooo stinking excited for you. Everyone I love seems to be having babies and I love it.
Congrats!!! I need to see you VERY soon now. Maybe we could double sometime soon

Hoenes Family said...

Bonnie! That is so exciting! Congrats to you guys and happy anniversary!

Tad and Liza said...

Your almost half way there!! I have been waiting for this post. We are so happy for you both!

McCall said...

YAY! That was a great way to announce too! You're so cute and creative!

{amy k.} said...

That's so exciting!! Hope you've been feelin' okay! CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you! That is exciting! Your going to both be such great parents. Make sure you post when or if your find out the sex of the baby.

Shaun - Jillian said...

Congratulations you guys! That is so wonderful. I hope you are feeling good!

Jenna said...

CONGRATS BONNIE!!! I'm so excited for you! YOu'll make an amazing mother! Hope you're feeling ok!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Yeah Bonnie. Happy news! I can't wait to meet Baby! You guys will make great parents. Congrats :)

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! Way excited for you. Febuary is a great time to have a baby. Brunson's birthday is the 6th. Good luck! Keep in touch! Love ya!

Unknown said...

FINALLY! I've been waiting...It's official... only after you've blogged about it! :)CONGRATS! We are so excited for you!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!! WHAT!? You are pregnant!!?? That is so exciting!!! Congratulations! You will have a blast! Happy anniversary to you both!

Breanne Unsicker Evans said...

I love how you announced it as well. Very sweet. I am so proud of you Bonnie. You have done such a great job with your life. So much more joy to come. I love you so much : )

Congrats soon to be Mommy Jean

Josh and Cara said...

Congrats Bonnie! I'm so excited for you! What a fun post and a fun way to announce it! Hope your feeling good!

Lizzie said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWWW!
Congratulations! We are so excited for you!!!! I can't believe you posted that at the end of your blog entry! That was cruel!!!!!!! (And a fun surprise!)

Dan Kettle said...

Bonnie huge congrats. Thats so exciting on the baby. You guys will make great parents. That is so cool. I can't believe you've been married that long. Keep up the cool adventures. You guys have had some good times. aloha

JonandLo said...

Brock and Bonnie- a HUGE CONGRATS!! How very exciting...we couldn't be happier for you. You will no doubt be amazing parents. We can't wait to find out what you're having. Brenton was born in Feb..it's a great month for having a baby. YEA for you!