Last month my family went on vacation down to our favorite place in the world, St. George. While most everyone else went down on Sunday/Monday, Brock and I went down on Thursday night and because Torie was taking the ACT the coming Saturday she, my mom and grandma left Friday morning. So, the whole family was only able to be together for about 12 hours. Even though we didn't get to spend a lot of time down there, I'm surprised at how much we ended up doing.
After the park, the boys went wave running and cliff jumping at a nearby lake and the girls went swimming with the kids. Later in the day my sisters and I went out to the lake to join the guys. I didn't take my camera but it was a lot of fun.
Saturday we took the kids on a hike just up the road from my parent's house. My dad, Brock, Braden and Julia came along. We didn't get all the way up the trail but when you're with little people with little legs it takes a lot longer. On our way back home the kids started getting really tired. Miles asked Julia to hold him so he got a ride back but poor Ava was so tired that she bent down to look at her hands and froze that way. We tried to get her to keep walking but it was as if she was in a trance. Brock picked her up exactly how she had been squatting and carried her home. The funny part was that she never stopped looking at her hands until we put her down on the couch and she fell asleep.
That afternoon we decided to have our much anticipated tennis tournament. As a side note, to say that my dad is competitive is a serious understatement. The man can't lose and it doesn't help that he is really good at sports and will bend the rules in order to have it go his way. So after winning Steve and Jenny, Katie and I challenged my dad and Brock to a game. We started playing and got up to 30-30 when Katie has this awesome slice shot that bounces right over the net on the left side where my dad is playing deep. Brock didn't even bother going for it because even though he was playing short he was on the right side and couldn't have made it in time so as I almost start cheering I see my dad sprint to the front of the court, swan dive into the net and concrete and knocked the ball just over the net out of reach. We were all kind of stunned to see that good of a hit but as we looked back, my dad was still on the ground so we rushed over to see if he was ok and found him like this:

4 comments:
St. George is your favorite place in the WHOLE WORLD?? What about all the great places in Europe that you got to go to?
I love your family!!!!! I miss you guys and Thanksgiving can't come fast enough. I love that story about your DAD - I am going to forward it to my Dad. Love you! Lizzie
That man is crazy!
That sounds like a great vaca. I think I inherited Duncan's competitive spirit. Poor Ava, sounds very traumatic. Keep posting!
Post a Comment