Brock loves mountain biking. He loves it so much that he has made a commitment to go ride a trail every Saturday this summer (but so far we've missed five...). He recently bought a guide book on Utah's mountain biking trails. It gives directions, elevation, skill level etc which I really like because it gives me somewhat of an idea of what I'm getting myself into. To start off I picked the Bonniville Shoreline trail and Mueller Park since both were considered 1-3 on skill level and even mentioned that "Novice" riders frequent the paths but as I was about half way up the switchbacks of Mueller Park I found myself cursing the author of this book. Consider the definition of Novice:
A beginner; one who is not very familiar or experienced in a particular subject
When I read that I pictured a cute family who brings along their 90 year old grandma for an easy bike ride in the mountains. I mean I realize that the author of this book probably is a little skewed in his opinions of skill level since he far from novice and probably sleeps in his full body spandex outfits but seriously to say it "is easy for the novice rider"..... well it was a bit of a blow to my pride. But after the first switchbacks it evened out to an easy grade and it ended up being a lot of fun, especially on the way down.


This was our second time up Mueller's Park Canyon (not in the same day - apparently we wear the same clothes in all our pictures). I know I look a little misshaped but I wasn't standing like that on purpose. We had to scale down a sandy drop off to be in the picture with the view and with the timer going, we had to move quickly. Somehow Brock didn't find it too difficult...
If anyone knows of any good trails, let me know.
5 comments:
Ha Bonnie your funny! But looks like the Riley's are having a good sumemr!
The"Putt Putt trail" in Jackson Hole is great!!!
Todd loves to go biking too and he knows of quite a few trails. You guys will have to talk to him.
Hey Bonnie! I saw your blog address on facebook. What a fun way to keep in touch! I also have a blog, if you want to check it out it's jetaimpourtoujours44.blogspot.com!
You guys look amazing!
Post a Comment