CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Karaoke Night

My best buddy Breanne's Birthday is coming up and to celebrate she wanted to go to a club in Salt Lake that has a karaoke night. Now I'm not much for karaoke, I've always felt like you need a lot of confidence or alcohol to enjoy it. Brock is the same way, I don't think he's ever willingly sang a note in his life. Even in church he takes breaks during the music because he says they make all of songs way too long. But once we got there we had a good time. It's pretty much impossible not to have a have fun with Breanne, she makes everything hilarious.
The night we went they were having a contest for a Brittney Spears look-a-like, well it was more of a "sing"-a-like contest. Breanne volunteered and I suggested she sing "I'm a slave". haha It was so hilarious. The picture below is of her practicing for her performance while taking her hair out of a bun and whipping at around her face.




Here is the grand performance. She did a great job and as you can see, she had some awesome dance moves.

This is all the Brittney performers lined up. Breanne is in the middle and the girl on her right won the look-a-like contest and the girl second in from the far left won. She started crying and fell on the ground when they called her name.... yikes... And yes if you're wondering, that is in fact a man standing to Breanne's right and no, he was not in the contest as a joke.




Above is Tyler (Breanne's brother) and Dave Kimball. They sang "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond.

As I said before, I'm not much for Karaoke so you can imagine my relief to hear when we arrived that the waiting list was about two hours out. But no, Breanne had signed both of us up before I got there. Brock just laughed.... We sang "Ditty" by Paperboy. This brought back some good memories. Breanne and I spent hours trying to memorize this song in High School and we got to be pretty good at it. But I found out that there is a big difference between knowing the tune and mumbling what you think are the words compared to the actually knowing the words. If you've never heard the song, look it up and you'll know what I'm talking about. It's a really really fast rap song. So we pretty much laughed our way through it and jumped in at the parts we remembered.




Thanks Breanne, Happy Birthday!!!

7 comments:

Parade of Purses said...

Bonnie! That sounds like so so so much fun :) Where is this karaoke night at?! I want to go!!! Let me know!

McCall said...

I was so sad I couldn't go! I LOVE Kareoke but never get to do it because Neil hates singing. It looks like you had so much fun! Did they have any High School Musical songs? I would've rocked those! I can't believe it was so busy on a thursday night!
So jealous!!

Josh and Cara said...

How fun Bonnie! That's great that you and Breanne still are staying in touch. You are definetly right..It was always fun and crazy when Breanne was around! Did you cut your hair!? It looks way cute!

JonandLo said...

That is awesome!! How very brave..I think I would be more like the girl on "my best friend's wedding". =)

Kindred Family said...

That sounds like so much fun! I can't believe you didn't join the Britney Spears look alike contest. Didn't you ever see the interview she had with Matt Lawer. If not, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTDZzSq-iyU. I think you're a dead ringer! :-)

Dan Kettle said...

Oh bonnie that is classic. ha I never knew you did karaoke. I guess you'll showcase that talent at grandma's christmas party next year ha ha Looks like you guys had super fun. your friend bri knows how to party ha

Breanne Unsicker Evans said...

THANKS Bonnie!! I am so glad you came it was so much fun. don't think that was your last duet with me we have several more performances left in us.Here is a list of songs we loved and are going to sing together:

-Jesses Girl
-Bohemian Rhapsody
-some Mulan Rouge
-Vanilla ICE .. word to your morther
-Brown Eyed Girl

You'll have to help me out Bon we had so many and I can't remember!!!