CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

All American Girl

My little sister Torie has got to be the cutest girl in the world. She is a junior in High School and is having the high school experience that I thought only happened in movies. She was voted in as Prom Queen and just went to the dance last weekend, she just made SBO Artist for next year and she's currently on the softball team. I was able to go the Prom assembly last week, which was really good. They've gotten a lot better since I was in high school. Here are some pictures.



Some people say we look alike.... what do you think? Actually sometimes I get us confused, just in pictures.... not in mirrors or anything.... But if I had to look like anyone I'd pick her, I'm just glad I don't look like that oldest sister of mine.... she's crazy.... (that's getting you back for the Brittany Spears comment- ya jerk)


My cute grandpa walked her down the aisle (sounds like a wedding, I know - not sure all high schools do this but they they walk down the aisle of the auditorium and up onto stage while someone reads a letter to them from their parents). Once the whole prom court was on stage, the announcer said "Announcing your Layton High Prom royalty" just then a student jumped out of the seats and tackled Torie dragging her off stage. I was kind of annoyed because I was trying to take pictures and I figured it was one of Torie's friends trying to be funny. However, just then the lights went off and it led into the assembly where the Prom king hired James Bond to find the kidnapped Prom Queen. They went all over the world chasing the kidnapper and kidnappee and finally saved her. The grand finale was when Torie planted one on the Prom King. I was wondering what my grandpa would think about his granddaughter kissing a guy on stage in front of the whole student body but after they kissed he kept saying "that's so neat, that's just so great", it was hilarious.


Here is the cute couple. She went with someone else to the dance but I think she should like him. He plays Volleyball, how cool is that?

8 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

you guys look like twins!

Hoenes Family said...

I must agree you two could be twins. That is crazy I never noticed until I saw the picture! I am so glad she is having such a great highschool experience. I am offended you didn't like the assemblies when you were in highschool :)

Kindred Family said...

Why I oughta...

Elizabeth said...

Wow that does sound like a high school movie. All its missing is Freddie Prince. You and your sister are so cute! Hope everything is going well for you guys!

McCall said...

I'm pretty sure you had the exact same high school experience- it's not a movie, it's your life!
you lucky, beautiful dogs!

Unknown said...

How fun is that?! I especially thought that the james bond theme was clever! You DO look alike!
And hey... we are going to HAVE to play some V-ball ASAP. I'm already needing it!

Josh and Cara said...

What a great sister,and what a nice post about her! I agree with McCall..I think you had that same experience in high school too!! You look very pretty in that picture of you too!

Unknown said...

Hey, that is so fun, I do not know her! I LOVE her photography though :) She is so good!