Last weekend Brock and I went skiing at the Canyons. In a weird way that place feels like home away from home since I basically spent every winter weekend of High School either there or Park City Resort (to go on record Canyons is better). The whole day was filled with me telling Brock random stories; like when Whitney and I built a snowman on the side of a black diamond so we would have an excuse why it took us so long to get down, Breanne getting hurt in various unmentionable places, racing down way too steep of hills and Reagan's accident. We met up with Hazen and RJ at lunch and were fed quite nicely by Hazen's soon to expire gift card, I never thought I would eat an $8 slice of pizza but compared to the granola bars and trail mix Brock and I had stuffed into our pockets, it was real nice.
It was a really warm sunny day and Brock and I got a little sunburned. It was nice to see some color on my lovely transparent skin but sadly it's already gone.... After we were done skiing, Brock and I crashed at our hotel, courtesy of my good friend and co-worker. She owns one of the condos and let us stay there. It's right on Canyon's resort and literally right off the gondola. It was really nice being able to relax and not have to drive home when we were half-dead.
We had such a great weekend, it was so nice to finally do something outdoors in the winter. We have so many hobbies in the summer (swimming, biking, running, hiking) so I feel like we turn into hermits when the snow comes down. If it wasn't so expensive I think we'd go more often, I just need to win another free pass from the radio station...
8 years ago

5 comments:
a new post..... I've been waiting. So glad to hear you had a great ski weekend. I had forgot about Breannes accident, that is still funny!
That is so nice you got to stay right at the resort! What a nice friend you have! I don't ski or anything, but I've been wanting to go just so I could get some sun!
Bonnie-
Josh and I got into snowshoeing for the winter because skiing is so expensive. You can usually rent snowshoes for a reasonable price and this last year Josh and I bought them for each other for Christmas. It is a great winter sport with a great work out! You and Brock need to try it out it is a blast.
Softball . . . you forgot softball on your list of summer activities. I'm trying to talk the guy over the softball league into holding the non-competitive league on Tuesday night. If he does, are you guys in? Whit said she and Travis would play--baby and all. C'mon!
That's a pretty sweet picture of you skiing!
Post a Comment