I can't believe how fast January went. It's kind of a nice month to get out of the way - on to sunnier and warmer months, February is a great month because March is on it's way and March is a great month because April is on it's way and April is a great month because that's when we start swimming in my mom's pool even if it's freezing. But looking back on January I've realized a lot went on and I haven't had very much time for blogging. So here is a recap of what Brock and I have been up to.
Backing up even more, we had a wonderful Christmas. We spent the time with both of our families and enjoyed the special time of year. We spent Christmas Eve with my family and kept the family tradition of waking up at 2:30am to open presents, Brock loves waking up that early.... We spent Christmas day with the Riley's eating treats, opening presents and visiting with Jamie and family. It was a great holiday
The week of New Years Brock and I went to Southern California for a week. We had free flights because the year before on our flight to Belgium the Air Conditioning didn't work so they gave us gift certificates which had to be used by the following year. We booked the flight back in August and figured we would like some time out of freezing Utah to enjoy some California sunlight and we were very right. It wasn't super warm but it felt amazing compared to the -5 it was in Salt Lake at the time. We pretty much relaxed the whole time, walking up and down beaches every day. We went rollerblading on Venice Beach which was hilarious to watch Brock get used to wearing four wheels on each foot.... Since it was winter it was prime time to do some whale/dolphin watching. We hiked to the top of the cliff in picture above and below and sat and watched dolphins jump, it was pretty cool to see.

This picture makes me laugh. Since I do the marketing for fitness apparel there was a day I worked with our photographer to get images of all pieces for our website. Well... I asked or begged Sayward to be our model because it's a lot easier putting clothing on a person than a mannequin. She was nice and said yes but I've never laughed harder than when she was posing for the camera. The picture above gives an idea of how serious she was about modeling for us.
Last weekend we caught up with some of our friends we went to Belgium with. Ingrid is on the left and Sean is on the right. We basically did everything with these guys. Every weekend we would pick another city to travel to and of course we did it college style riding trains throughout the night and staying in nasty hostels. We spent a lot of time with each other and became really good friends.
This month has been pretty scary with the economy tanking the way it has. Brock's company seems to be doing fine despite it's in the mortgage industry but the company I work for has had to have a few layoffs. The second layoff took my really good friend and co-worker Sayward. Work definitely has not been the same without her, especially since besides us there's just my boss. So needless to say, it's been sad and boring around here without her. But I'm confident that we'll stay in touch and stay friends regardless of where we work but that doesn't change the fact that I miss her like crazy!
This picture makes me laugh. Since I do the marketing for fitness apparel there was a day I worked with our photographer to get images of all pieces for our website. Well... I asked or begged Sayward to be our model because it's a lot easier putting clothing on a person than a mannequin. She was nice and said yes but I've never laughed harder than when she was posing for the camera. The picture above gives an idea of how serious she was about modeling for us.

10 comments:
You and Brock are such a cute couple! I'm jealous of your beauty!
Looks like you guys have had a great time! You are beautiful!
Oh did i miss your call to go to california? ha man i love that place. Its my second home. Im glad you guys go out on these fun adventures. And count me in for the reunion.
Oh Man! I love this! Good thing you didn't put up the hideous picture of me throwing out gang signs. NOW that would have been embarrasing!! I miss you too though. We really do need to actually play soon and get some real pictures together
You have been tagged by me. Look at my blog for rules :)
Thanks for updating. You guys always look so happy! I'm glad you've been having fun:)
Bonnie! Thanks so much for inviting me to play Volleyball the other weekend, I'm so sorry we could not make it down! I hope you guys are doing well and we'll have to meet up sometime soon.
Hey there! I don't know if you remember me from junior high? I came across your blog through Marquessa's. We have a blog too if you're interested, email me and I'll invite you: kristi.c.law@gmail.com.
I'm going to need a new post soon, I've read this post like 4 times and being that you live 15 min. away from me I never see you and our only way to keep up our sisterly bond if you to post. Make Brock post if you don't have time. I just need some new stuff! Ohhh and thanks for making a comment on my blog!
Jenn
Wow, what an enchanted life! It's so fun seeing what you've been up to. I found you on..someone's blog...probably linked to Aubrey Harmon somehow...usually is. You look gorgeous! Good luck with volleyball!
Post a Comment