CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Summer

So much has gone on this summer and we are not quite ready to say goodbye. We started by taking a trip to St. George over memorial day weekend, we've spent a lot of time at grandma's pool, went on vacation with the Riley's to San Diego and a trip with my family to Cancun.
Laying out with aunt Reagan and grandma in St George
Grandpa Barlow and Carter. My dad absolutely loves to cuddle with Carter, it's really sweet. The only problem he has is with his name. Since the name Duncan was in the running for names, he feels a little slighted so he's training him to think his name is Duncan and refers to him as little Dunk.

Carter loves his toes- by far his favorite toy. I love this picture because he's wearing the face of 'I've been caught'.


In San Diego Brock and I tried out Brady's skim board which turns out to be very hard.








Carter loved the beach, he loves being outside in the sun. The ocean water he did not like since it was pretty cold. He preferred the warm sand on his toes.



While in San Diego we went to a Padres game with the family. Carter loved being there. I think this is where he started flirting with aunt Deborah which he is faithfully keeping up.





Our little family went to a concert at Usana. Kings of Leon were playing but we mostly had fun just playing with our little guy.


Carter's first experience of fireworks. Logan and Deborah invited us to a Bee's game on the 24th of July and afterwards you get to go down onto the field to watch fireworks. I was a little worried with how Carter would react to the bright lights and loud sounds but he loved it. He would get mad when I tried to cover his eyes when ash would fall on our faces.


You can't quite tell but his eyes were watering because he wouldn't blink when watching the fireworks.


Most Thursday's this summer we've gone to different parks with the Riley's to let the kids run around. Here's Carter with grandma Pam and Wyatt at Gateway playing in the fountains.



Carter loves his jumper and he's getting pretty good about actually jumping. For some reason his right leg is more active then his left which makes him go in circles.


Cancun, Mexico.

Family pictures on the beach


Luckily I think all of our pictures are without anyone topless in the background but the rest of my family wasn't so lucky..... especially Katie's family pictures


Grandma and Grandpa Barlow with all of the grand kids. Ava is very sad because she really really wanted to wear the sunglasses in the picture but we tried to get her to take them off. The result- wearing sunglasses and crying.


Carter loved being in the hammocks which were everywhere around the pool areas. He took quite a few naps in them (with us supervising closely).


The only day we left the resort was to go to Tulum which is an old Mayan city. It was really interesting and beautiful since it's set on cliffs overlooking the ocean.

The main temple is in the background which overlooks the ocean. You can walk down to the beach area where the water temperature is perfectly warm and the sand even in the middle of a hot day is cool. They say the sand here is air conditioned because it's made of ground corral and sea shell.






Grandpa and Carter. Of course Carter is sucking on his toes even in the pool.



Katie and me


Brock and I had our 5th year anniversary while there. We spent the day on the beach and walked the full resort to swim in some of the pools at the other end. That night we ate at a Spanish restaurant then ended the night with a peach daiquiri and pina colada- virgin since I ordered. Brock one day ordered our drinks at the sports bar for me, my dad, Julia, Braden and himself then halfway through our drinks Braden confidently says there must be alcohol in them... Brock's face confirmed that he had forgot to request no alcohol.



On our way to dinner with Julia, Braden, my grandpa and his girlfriend Elda






Back at home. Carter is at such a fun age. He loves to suck on any part of your face which results in a pool of drool. He is trying to be independent by holding his bottle which ends up with milk all over his face but he still wants to try. He's sitting up on his own, rolling like a champion and loves to walk with our help. He's not crawling yet but he's getting there.

His 6 month stats are:
Height: 27.5 - 68%
Weight 16lbs 12 oz - 24%
Head - 88%

5 comments:

SassAFrass said...

So scrolling through your cute blog post and pictures I HAVE to ask what resort you guys stayed at in Cancun? Matt and I went there on our honeymoon at the end of June for a week and your resort looks EXTREMELY familiar!
PS I love your little guy! He is getting so big and is adorable

Unknown said...

I love all your pictures! It looks like you all had VERY fun summer! Much love. <3

Brady,McCall said...

I love all your pictures!You have a beautiful family:) Fun fun summer!

McCall said...

I am so jealous that you all got to go to Cancun together! How fun!! I can't believe how BIG and CUTE Carter is getting! What a sweetie!
Oh- I noticed you guys are covering up the ditch next to your house so you won't have anymore snakes!

Mary Kaye Olsen said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful summer with lots of trips. Good for you!! I have to live through your pictures, so thanks for sharing. Your little boy is so darling and growing up fast. Your big boy is quite handsome also!!!!