The past couple weeks have been so fun and we've had a few strange events happen in between. To start off though, I'll show a couple cute pictures of sweet Carter.
Brock and I couldn't stop laughing when he pulled this face after we put him in his bumbo for the first time. He definitely got his fathers expressions.... there is no hiding what he's thinking.
Carter with coach Carter Cook (hence where we got the name). This was at my sister's softball game. Coach Cook is such a sweetie. He started tearing up when he saw him.
This is Carter's first bath in a real bath tub, and he loved it! He kept trying to dive off his chair so he could be completely under the water. I think he's going to love grandma's swimming pool this summer.
I jumped back into bed and frantically called my mom. I screamed "mom help!" and she hung up before I could even tell her what was wrong, I'm sure she thought something much worse had happened. When she got there I had to pass by the chair and open the door for her and when she saw it we both started screaming. Thankfully my mom is much braver than me because if it was up to me I would have sat in bed all day long staring at it but she got the broom and swept it out of the house and then killed it with our snow shovel.
I left that day and wouldn't go back until Brock sealed up every hole in our house. Gross...
Isn't it a saying that bad things come in three's? Well it's true because just a few days after my eye, Brock and I found snake #2 in our living room. It was on top of the moulding of our front door. How it got there is a mystery but Brock got it down and killed it.
Now everywhere I go I'm looking for snakes. It makes my skin crawl just to think about where those two might have been so I've disinfected everything in my house. So to fight the problem we are piping the ditch next to our house so hopefully all water snakes will go away to find open water. I'm praying this will help. Other than that we are filling every crack and hole we can find so this won't happen again. If anyone has any ideas on preventing snakes from coming in to a house, please please please let me know!

12 comments:
Oh, that is so gross! My mom told me the story, I would be just like you looking everywhere I went. I told her I would rather have a mouse in my house than a snake. Those are pretty big too!
Carter is looking so big already, I still haven't seen him. But from the pictures he is adorable.
I hate snakes too, but I cant imagine. I have never been alone with one before! Gross! Carter is just the cutest things ever, his face expression there is super adorable.
Oh that is disgusting!! EWW! I would be dieing too!
Oh my gosh Bonnie!!! That is so freaky!!! I would have died!!! But Carter on the other hand is so freaking adorable I could cry!!! I can't wait to have a little boy!!!
I can just picture you and your mom screaming together:) It must have been so funny to watch your mom get that snake out of the house! I would have made cold hard cash to have witnessed that whole scene.
Brock is so cute:)
Geremy and I are coming out on Thursday. Hopefully we will get to see you guys:)
Oh my GOSH!! That is the craziest week ever. No wonder you're getting rid of the ditch! Your mom is so cute to just drive over without even asking why!
that is awful! I hate snakes and I would've totally freaked!!! I am sure you will look back and laugh (kind of like I do about our apartment with millions of spiders) but I hate that feeling that creepy crawly things are in your space!
Carter is so cute and that expression is so funny! he is already growing out of the newborn stage- crazy!
snake in the house... my ultimate nightmare!! I hope you fix the problem and fast..yikes, give me shivers. love that baby of yours=)
Your little guy is absolutely darling!!1
I can't even imagine having snakes in my house...I would be freaking out!! Good luck with that...I hope you don't find anymore. I hope your eye gets better too!!
Bonnie!! I hope your plan works out well with the snakes.
It was great to see you again, the blessing was very sweet and its so fun to see you as a mother.
I thought that picture of Coach cook with Carter is the sweetest thing.
See you at volleyball tomorrow I hope.
How creepy!! Seeriously, I think I would have died. However, strangely when its all done, I feel bad for the snakes that died. I'm a crazy animal lover though so ignore me :)
My skin is crawling right now!!! This is the first time I have been on your blog. When I first read that snake story, I thought, what a scary story and why is Bonnie putting it on her blog. Then I get it when I read what you wrote about the actual snakes!!! Oh my, I am going to have the creeps all day long!!!! Carter is the cutest little boy!!!! I am glad you are enjoyed him so much.
Post a Comment