CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2008

All-Star Trash Talkers Softball Team

Brock and I were invited to be on a community rec softball team by my long time friend Whitney Coleman Landry. Her friend at work put together the team; we are called "The All-Star Trash Talkers" and we are truly so bad. While our team is reviewing the basic rules of softball, the other teams walk in spitting chew, wearing cleats and have embroidered team softball bags... I'm kidding to an extent but really they are good. Brock, me, Whit and Travis. Travis is really the best player on our team, it's just too bad we can't have him everywhere on the field. He usually plays pitcher or left field. Whit usually plays second base and is a really good hitter. Brock plays a couple spots - short stop, third base and center field. And I am always out in left-center (it's one of those leagues with four people in the outfield)
As you can see the scoreboard, we are ahead by one. It's a treasured moment when we are ahead and sadly it's only happened twice now out of all our games. The end score, however, was 25 (them) to 3 (us). So it was a pretty close game..... But it was pretty good for me, I hit a home run to score the last run!
This is me in outfield waving to Brock.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Good for you guys!!!! I just love Whitney. I am glad you keep in touch with her!

JonandLo said...

A home run..you go girl!! That's awesome. I haven't played softball since my dad broke my jaw w/ a baseball in middle school (hehe..he still feels so badly!!)Looks like fun though. HEy I wanted to let you know that we are PREGO!! YEA! We can't wait. We're due in late Jan/ early Feb.