For the past 10 years or so my dad's side of the family has had a family reunion over Thanksgiving in Sun Valley. I have cousins from various parts of the US and at times over seas so it's really nice for the whole family to get together. It's fun to see everyone and it's a nice little vacation during a busy part of the year. Normally we go skiing during the days and at night we go to dinner and play games with the family. However, this year was unseasonably warm (darn global warming) and the ski resorts postponed their opening dates. At first I was a little bummed because they have pretty good pre-season rates which accommodates our non-existent budget for skiing, however, we were able to do so many other activities because it was nice outside. One day we rented bikes and Hazen took us to a really fun mountain trail and another day Katie decided to make Torie and me run up a mountain (ok so not that fun).We absolutely adore my niece and nephew. We don't get to see them very often since they live in Denver so when we get to we can't quite get enough. The first night in Sun Valley we went bowling and Ava loved it.
Miles loved the gum balls too but when he purchased his fourth I asked him where the other three went and he pointed to his stomach... great... not only have I allowed way too much sugar to enter a body that small but now there is about a pound of gum clogging his insides. I sadly had to threaten him with the old wife's tale that the gum would be in his stomach for seven years. When that didn't phase him, Jenn told him an elephant is growing in his stomach because he swallowed so many, he laughed at first but I think he was a little concerned because he didn't try to buy another.
Ava helping Grandma bowl..... and Brock.... and me. She was so cute!




Torie teaching Miles her dance moves. The kids loved the jukebox.
After dinner one night my cousin Heidi took family pictures of everyone, so while we were waiting we snapped some individual family shots.
The cute couple - Jenn and Torie
Katie, Steve, Mile and Ava. Doesn't her job look easy?
Julia, Jenn and Torie Bug
Hazen was our tour guide. Since his family goes to Sun Valley every year in the summer, he knew where all the fun trails were
Brock took Miles and Alissa for a ride on the bike. Miles couldn't remember Alissa's name so he referred to her as "my cousin" the whole week. It probably doesn't sound that odd but when they would be sitting right next to each other and Miles says "my cousin wants that" everyone couldn't help but laugh.

Jenn made Brock a car out of cups, hotel soap (for the wheels) and straws. Miles loved it!
My Dad got onesie pajamas for everyone in my family. Sadly, I didn't receive mine in time for the pictures... Brock requested that everyone wear their red pajamas for brownies and ice cream.
Jenn, Torie, mom and Brock

Torie teaching Miles her dance moves. The kids loved the jukebox.
Brock's 27!!
Thanksgiving happened to fall over Brock's Birthday this year!! Celebrating your birthday at your in-laws family reunion probably isn't the funnest, but Brock and seemed to have a good time. We went mountain biking during the day, relaxed that afternoon, went swimming after dinner and watched a movie while eating ice cream and brownies - yum...
Yes, the pajamas come included with a bum flap.
Happy Thanksgiving!

11 comments:
My family loves Sun Valley too! We used to go every other summer for vacation (since we're not skiers), but we haven't been for a few years now for some reason. I love the bum flap pic- I'm sad your bum didn't get to be included.
2 Questions: Is Whitney Pregnant and Are You Pregnant?
(the only reason I ask if you are is because you have a "mommy creations" thing on your sidebar so it got me wondering)
Those pj's crack me up! Love them! Looks like you guys had a great time! I love Sun Valley! What is the mommy creations thing? I am asking the same as McCall?
Nope, not pregnant. My roommate from College does baby photography, crafts etc and that's her website.
thanks for publishing a picture of my ass on your blog!
Will you forward those photos to me?
Jenn
Man it looks so fun up there. Its been super long since i've been there. Tell brock happy birthday. Man that guy is getting old ha ha Nah looks like you guys are living it up
Bonnie - I found your blog on Rindee's and had to say hello! You look great and I love the PJ's! :) We live down the road from your parents and I always think about you when we drive by. I love their house!! It looks like you guys are doing great!
Also - is Whitney pregnant? I saw on her blog that they will have a kid for next Christmas but she doesn't allow comments! She needs to change that! :)
Our blog is thebeardyfam.blogspot.com. I will have to add you to it so we can keep in touch!
Bonnie! Oh my goodness that looks like so much fun!! :) I am loving that your dad gives everyone those pajamas! How funny! :) I'm glad you guys still had so much fun even though it was unseasonably warm! It was good to see you guys on Monday!
Thanks for the Xmas present! You are too nice! Sorry I wasn't there to see you!
I love the onesie pajamas! What a crack up- get it? Ha ha. You guys are such a fun family. What fun traditions you have. I just realized that I didn't add you to my friends list! You are now added!
Ha ha ha, I LOVE the pajamas! And I LOVE JEN!! Tell her I said hello!!
Post a Comment